Cinnamon Blueberry Coffee Cake Recipe
Every time I have company for dinner or go to someone's house for a meal, I'm asked to make this.—Leslie Palmer, Swampscott, Massachusetts
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup plus 3 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup egg substitute
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (8 ounces) reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons confectioners' sugar
- 1. In a large bowl, beat the butter and 3/4 cup sugar until crumbly, about 2 minutes. Beat in the egg, egg substitute and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; add to the egg mixture alternately with the sour cream. Fold in the blueberries.
- 2. Coat a 10-in. fluted tube pan with cooking spray and dust with flour. Spoon half of the batter into prepared pan. Combine cinnamon and remaining sugar; sprinkle half over batter. Repeat layers.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 40-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Dust with confectioners' sugar. Yield: 14 servings.
1 piece equals 191 calories, 7 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 32 mg cholesterol, 218 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1-1/2 fat.
Reviews for Cinnamon Blueberry Coffee Cake
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC