These oven-fresh biscuits will disappear from your table as quickly as it took to prepare them! But you won't mind, because you can easily whip up another batch. Serve them with fried chicken, at breakfast or as a savory snack.
12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup cold butter
- 1 cup milk
- Melted butter
- In a bowl, combine dry ingredients; cut in butter until crumbly. Stir
- in milk just until moistened. Drop by 1/4 cupfuls onto a greased
- baking sheet. Brush with melted butter and sprinkle with
- cinnamon-sugar. Bake at 450° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly
- browned. Serve warm. Yield: about 1 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 157 calories, 7 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 18 mg cholesterol, 267 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.