Cinnamon Baked Apples Recipe
The heavenly aroma of Cinnamon Baked Apples from Margaret McNeil of Germantown, Tennessee is sure to bring your family to the table without you even asking. "To save time, after I peel the apples, I use an apple corer/wedger to core and cut the fruit into pieces," she notes. The warm spiced side dish is nice with pork chops but can also be served with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or whipped cream as an old-fashioned ending to this comforting meal.
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 30 min. YIELD:4 servings
- 3 large tart apples, peeled and cut into wedges
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2/3 cup apple juice
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 cinnamon sticks (3 inches), optional
- Whipped topping, optional
- 1. Place apples in an ungreased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Drizzle with lemon juice; toss to coat. Set aside.
- 2. In a small saucepan, combine the apple juice, brown sugar, butter and cinnamon. Cook and stir over medium heat until sugar is dissolved and butter is melted. Pour over apples. Add cinnamon sticks if desired.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 20 minutes or until apples are tender. Discard cinnamon. Serve warm with whipped topping if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 304 calories, 6 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 73 mg sodium, 66 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, trace protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC