- 3 large tart apples, peeled and cut into wedges
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2/3 cup apple juice
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 cinnamon sticks (3 inches), optional
- Whipped topping, optional
- Place apples in an ungreased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Drizzle with lemon juice; toss to coat. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan, combine the apple juice, brown sugar, butter and cinnamon. Cook and stir over medium heat until sugar is dissolved and butter is melted. Pour over apples. Add cinnamon sticks if desired.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 20 minutes or until apples are tender. Discard cinnamon. Serve warm with whipped topping if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Cinnamon Baked Apples
Sort By :
"this was so quick and easy to make. we love apples in our house and this is a great recipe. it reminded us of cracker barrels fried apples only these are baked and healthier. this is a keeper in our book"
"Really liked this, it was simple to make but honestly nothing out of the ordinary. Don't know whether I'd bother to make again - only because there are other more interesting recipes to try! But it was tasty, the apples were tender after 35 minutes and the sauce was very good - we had it as dessert with whipped cream."