- Fill a Dutch oven two-thirds full with water and remaining brown
- sugar; bring to a boil. Drop bagels, two at a time, into boiling
- water. Cook for 45 seconds; turn and cook 45 seconds longer. Remove
- with a slotted spoon; drain well on paper towels.
- In a small bowl, mix topping ingredients; sprinkle over bagels. Place
- 2 in. apart on baking sheets coated with cooking spray. Bake at
- 400° for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire
- racks to cool. Yield: 1 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 bagel equals 164 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 300 mg sodium, 37 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.