Cinnamon-Apricot Chicken Breasts Recipe
- 2 cups water
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 6 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1-1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup coarsely chopped dried apricots
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/2 teaspoon dried savory
- 3/4 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine the water, cinnamon stick, 2 tablespoons butter, sugar and salt; bring to a boil. Stir in rice. Reduce heat; cover and simmer until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender, about 10 minutes. Set aside.
- 2. In a large skillet, cook chicken in remaining butter over medium-high heat until a meat thermometer reads 170°. Remove and keep warm. In the same skillet, saute onion and garlic over medium-low heat until onion is tender. Stir in the broth, apricots, juices, peel and savory; simmer for 5 minutes.
- 3. Remove cinnamon stick from rice; stir in apricot mixture. Spoon into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish; top with chicken.
- 4. Cover and bake at 350° for 20 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with pecans and bake for 10 minutes or until juices run clear. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 538 calories, 25 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 104 mg cholesterol, 822 mg sodium, 47 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 32 g protein.
Reviews for Cinnamon-Apricot Chicken Breasts
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.