Cinnamon Applesauce Pancakes Recipe
These moist pancakes are so good, you just might skip the syrup. They were created for Christmas morning but have since wowed folks at church breakfasts as well as family and friends. The cinnamon is a delightful touch. Kids will gobble them up! —Richard DeVore, Gibsonburg, Ohio
- 1 cup complete buttermilk pancake mix
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup chunky cinnamon applesauce
- 1/4 cup water
- Maple syrup and butter
- 1. Combine pancake mix and cinnamon. Add applesauce and water; stir just until moistened.
- 2. Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a greased hot griddle; turn when bubbles form on top. Cook until the second side is golden brown. Serve with syrup and butter. Yield: 3 servings.
3 pancakes (calculated without syrup and butter) equals 218 calories, 2 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 649 mg sodium, 50 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC