- 1 large apple, peeled and chopped
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 sheet refrigerated pie pastry
- 2 tablespoons apple jelly
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 cup cinnamon baking chips
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds
- 1 teaspoon 2% milk
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 to 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- Preheat oven to 400°. Toss apple with lemon juice.
- On a large sheet of parchment paper, roll pastry into a 14-in. circle. Transfer to a baking sheet. Spread pastry with jelly to within 2 in. of edges. Sprinkle with apple, sugar, baking chips and almonds. Fold up edges of pastry over filling, leaving opening in center. Brush folded pastry with milk.
- Bake until golden brown, 20-25 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- Mix icing ingredients, using enough milk to reach desired consistency. Drizzle over tart. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Cinnamon Apple Tart
"The texture was okay, did not like the cinnamon bits, but overall, it was not too bad..."
"really easy and really yummy. I toasted the almonds"
"Loved it, it was very tasty."
"My pastryon bottom is wet and doughie, runny..gets stuck to parchment paperis there something I can do"