Cinnamon Apple Tart Recipe
- 1 large apple, peeled and chopped
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 sheet refrigerated pie pastry
- 2 tablespoons apple jelly
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 cup cinnamon baking chips
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds
- 1 teaspoon 2% milk
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 to 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1. Preheat oven to 400°. Toss apple with lemon juice.
- 2. On a large sheet of parchment paper, roll pastry into a 14-in. circle. Transfer to a baking sheet. Spread pastry with jelly to within 2 in. of edges. Sprinkle with apple, sugar, baking chips and almonds. Fold up edges of pastry over filling, leaving opening in center. Brush folded pastry with milk.
- 3. Bake until golden brown, 20-25 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- 4. Mix icing ingredients, using enough milk to reach desired consistency. Drizzle over tart. Yield: 6 servings.
1 piece: 370 calories, 15g fat (6g saturated fat), 7mg cholesterol, 159mg sodium, 57g carbohydrate (39g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Cinnamon Apple Tart
"The texture was okay, did not like the cinnamon bits, but overall, it was not too bad..."
"really easy and really yummy. I toasted the almonds"
"Loved it, it was very tasty."
"My pastryon bottom is wet and doughie, runny..gets stuck to parchment paperis there something I can do"