- 1 large apple, peeled and chopped
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 sheet refrigerated pie pastry
- 2 tablespoons apple jelly
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 cup cinnamon baking chips
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds
- 1 teaspoon milk
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 to 2 tablespoons milk
- In a small bowl, toss apple with lemon juice; set aside. On a lightly floured surface, roll pastry into a 14-in. circle. Transfer to a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Spread jelly to within 2 in. of edges. Sprinkle with apple mixture, sugar, baking chips and almonds. Fold up edges of pastry over filling, leaving center uncovered. Brush folded pastry with milk.
- Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Use parchment paper to slide tart onto a wire rack to cool. In a small bowl, combine confectioners' sugar, extract and enough milk to achieve desired consistency. Drizzle over tart. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Cinnamon Apple Tart
Sort By :
"Delicious! I made this for dessert for a family dinner and everyone liked it."
"really easy and really yummy. I toasted the almonds"
"Loved it, it was very tasty."
"My pastryon bottom is wet and doughie, runny..gets stuck to parchment paperis there something I can do"