Cinnamon Apple Syrup Recipe
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup water
- 3/4 cup thawed unsweetened apple juice concentrate
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1. In a small saucepan, combine the cornstarch, cinnamon and salt. Gradually stir in water and apple juice concentrate until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- 2. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla. Serve warm. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 1-1/2 cups.
2 tablespoon: 35 calories, 0g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 29mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 0g fiber), 0g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 0 fruit.
Reviews for Cinnamon Apple Syrup
"Not overly sweet like a traditional syrup; very flavorful. It thickens more upon standing."