Cinnamon Apple Syrup Recipe
Cinnamon and vanilla take center stage in this no-fuss syrup from Alberta McKay. "Most people rave about it," shares the Barlesvile, Oklahoma cook. "Try it warm over pancakes or even crepes."
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup water
- 3/4 cup thawed unsweetened apple juice concentrate
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1. In a small saucepan, combine the cornstarch, cinnamon and salt. Gradually stir in water and apple juice concentrate until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- 2. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla. Serve warm. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 1-1/2 cups.
2 tablespoons equals 35 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 29 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1/2 fruit.
Reviews for Cinnamon Apple Syrup
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC