Cinnamon and vanilla take center stage in this no-fuss syrup from Alberta McKay. "Most people rave about it," shares the Barlesvile, Oklahoma cook. "Try it warm over pancakes or even crepes."
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup water
- 3/4 cup thawed unsweetened apple juice concentrate
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a small saucepan, combine the cornstarch, cinnamon and salt. Gradually stir in water and apple juice concentrate until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla. Serve warm. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 1-1/2 cups.
Originally published as Cinnamon Apple Syrup in Light & Tasty August/September 2005, p40
Reviews for Cinnamon Apple Syrup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review