Cinnamon-Apple Pork Chops Recipe
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat butter, divided
- 4 boneless pork loin chops (4 ounces each)
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 medium tart apples, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans
- In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon butter over medium heat. Add pork chops; cook 4-5 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 145°. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt.
- Remove chops and keep warm. Add apples, pecans, brown sugar mixture and remaining butter to pan; cook and stir until apples are tender. Serve with chops. Yield: 4 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Cinnamon-Apple Pork Chops(16)
Sort By :
Quick and yummy! The apple side tasted like apple pie! I put the warm pork chops into the apple sauce in the frying pan and turned a couple of times before serving. And I omitted the nuts.
Quick easy and absolutely delicious!!!!
Quick & easy pork chop meal! Apples and pork goes well together and the family always enjoys these dishes. Pecans are the finishing touch.
These pork chops were quick and easy! Even easier when I used my canned apples from last fall. YUM!
The only downside was the sauce was super sweet so next time I would try to use something different or add something to adjust to my taste. My father in law and husband loved it, and said it tasted similar to mincemeat.
Made this the other night and the entire family gave it five stars. That almost never happens! And it was so quick and easy to make -- will definitely be making this again.
More Recipe Collections
- Apple Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Nut Recipes >
- Pecan Recipes >
- Pork Chop Recipes >