Cinnamon Apple Pancakes
"My family loves the apple and cinnamon flavor in these light yet hearty pancakes," Kim McConnell shares from Tulsa, Oklahoma. "And best of all, they're sweet enough to eat without syrup."
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups fat-free milk
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 medium apple, chopped
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
- Combine the eggs, milk, honey and oil; stir into dry ingredients
- just until moistened. Stir in apple.
- Pour batter by 1/3 cupfuls onto a hot griddle coated with cooking
- spray. Turn when bubbles form on top; cook until second side is
- golden brown. Yield: 12 pancakes.
Nutritional Facts: 2 pancakes equals 246 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 73 mg cholesterol, 416 mg sodium, 43 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 11 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 starch, 1/2 fat.