Cinnamon Apple-Nut Salad Recipe
- 3 medium red apples, chopped
- 3 medium Granny Smith apples, chopped
- 1 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup plus 1-1/2 teaspoons mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon plus 1-1/2 teaspoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the apples, pecans, cranberries and onions. In a small bowl, whisk the remaining ingredients until blended. Pour over apple mixture; toss to coat. Refrigerate for 1 hour before serving. Yield: 12 servings.
3/4 cup equals 163 calories, 11 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 2 mg cholesterol, 27 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 fat, 1/2 starch, 1/2 fruit.
Reviews for Cinnamon Apple-Nut Salad
"I made this for a church Thanksgiving dinner. It was a hit!!"