- 2-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon, divided
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 2 egg whites
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/3 cup 2% milk
- 1/3 cup Galbani® Reduced-Fat Ricotta Cheese
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups finely chopped peeled tart apples
- In a bowl, combine the flour, 1 cup sugar, 2 teaspoons cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda and salt. In another bowl, beat the egg, egg whites, buttermilk, milk, ricotta cheese, oil and vanilla. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in apples.
- Coat muffin cups with cooking spray or use paper-liners; fill three-fourths full. Combine the remaining sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over batter. Bake at 400° for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
Reviews for Cinnamon Apple Muffins
Sort By :
"These were a hit with my family! I doubled the batch and put some in the freezer for a quick and easy breakfast later. Definitely keeping this recipe!"
"These are fabulous. I used the mini muffin silicon baking pan. I put in 1/2 to 1 tbsp of mixture in each cup, and baked for about 10 minutes. Also made a vanilla glaze to drizzle over the top. It was just the right about of sweetness. It also made about 72 mini's. I will definite keeper!!"
"Just finished making these for a church bfeakfast and they are delicious. Nice and light and just the right amount of sweetness. I will definitely make these again."