- cinnamon and nutmeg. In another bowl, whisk the egg, milk, oil and
- applesauce. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in
- apple. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups half full.
- For topping, in a small bowl, combine brown sugar and flour; cut in
- butter until crumbly. Add oats. Sprinkle over muffins.
- Bake at 350° for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near
- the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from
- pan to a wire rack.
- In a small bowl, beat the butter, honey and cinnamon until blended.
- Serve with warm muffins. Refrigerate leftover butter. Yield: 1
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 277 calories, 14 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 45 mg cholesterol, 266 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.