Cinnamon Apple Jelly
When I host a Christmas sit-down dinner, I adhere labels on small jars of this jam to use as place cards. At the end of the evening, the guests can take the sweet spread home to enjoy. Virginia Montmarquet, Riverside, California
104 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Process: 5 min.
- 7 cups unsweetened bottled apple juice
- 1 package (1-3/4 ounces) powdered fruit pectin
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1 cup red-hot candies
- 9 cups sugar
- Place the apple juice in a large kettle. Stir in pectin and butter.
- Bring to a full rolling boil over high heat, stirring constantly.
- Stir in candies until dissolved. Stir in sugar; return to a full
- rolling boil. Boil for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Remove from
- the heat; skim off foam. Pour hot mixture into hot sterilized jars,
- leaving 1/4-in. headspace. Adjust caps. Process for 5 minutes in a
- boiling-water bath. Yield: about 13 half-pints.