Cinnamon-Apple Honey Cake Recipe
"We're not keen on desserts, but I wanted to make my husband a small cake for his birthday," says Rebecca Zeissler of Forest Park, Illinois. "So i created this recipe for the occasion, and the cake came out moist, elegant and delicious."
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon, divided
- 3/4 cup thinly sliced peeled tart apple
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1. Line a 6-in. round baking pan with parchment paper; coat paper with cooking spray. Sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon. Arrange apple slices in a single layer over cinnamon.
- 2. In a small bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until crumbly, about 2 minutes. Beat in egg. Add milk and vanilla; beat on low speed until blended. Combine the flour, baking powder and remaining cinnamon; stir into creamed mixture just until blended. Spoon over apple.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Invert immediately onto a serving plate; drizzle with honey. Serve warm if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
1 piece equals 317 calories, 10 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 78 mg cholesterol, 224 mg sodium, 52 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC