Cinnamon-Apple Grilled Cheese Recipe
- 1 cup sliced peeled tart apple
- 3 teaspoons butter, softened, divided
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 3 tablespoons cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 slices raisin bread
- 2 slices Muenster cheese (3/4 ounce each)
- 1. In a large skillet, saute apple slices in 1 teaspoon butter until tender. Meanwhile, in a small skillet, cook and stir the walnuts and honey over medium heat for 2-3 minutes or until lightly toasted.
- 2. In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, confectioners' sugar and cinnamon until smooth. Stir in walnut mixture. Spread over two slices of bread; layer with Muenster cheese, apple slices and remaining bread. Spread remaining butter over the outsides of each sandwich.
- 3. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, toast sandwiches for 1-2 minutes on each side or until golden brown and cheese is melted. Yield: 2 servings.
1 sandwich (prepared with reduced-fat butter and reduced-fat cream cheese) equals 518 calories, 27 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 45 mg cholesterol, 402 mg sodium, 58 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 19 g protein.