- 1 cup sliced peeled tart apple
- 3 teaspoons butter, softened, divided
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 3 tablespoons cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 slices raisin bread
- 2 slices Muenster cheese (3/4 ounce each)
- In a large skillet, saute apple slices in 1 teaspoon butter until tender. Meanwhile, in a small skillet, cook and stir the walnuts and honey over medium heat for 2-3 minutes or until lightly toasted.
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, confectioners' sugar and cinnamon until smooth. Stir in walnut mixture. Spread over two slices of bread; layer with Muenster cheese, apple slices and remaining bread. Spread remaining butter over the outsides of each sandwich.
- In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, toast sandwiches for 1-2 minutes on each side or until golden brown and cheese is melted. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews for Cinnamon-Apple Grilled Cheese
"I made this for my sister and it was devoured in seconds. Yum!!!!"
"Over 500 calories, for one sandwich, that is way to many calories for one breakfast/ snack sandwich. Ouch, for my bloodsugar! and my waist line. I would try it once but not sure if the second time. Sorry!!"
"This 'one' you start with the base recipe and then toy with it. We'll all end up with 'Our Toy,' but they'll all be darned good. House full of kids who want a snack? This is one of your 'go to's.'fae"
"I used homemade cinnamon raisin nut bread. Instead of muenster cheese I used provalone. My husband loved it and said I should put it in with the sandwiches I make regularly."
"I made this recipe for an informal gathering of good friends. Everyone LOVED it. Several asked for the recipe so I promised to e-mail the recipe in the AM. However, before I even had the opportunity to send the recipe two of my guests had already found the recipe online and sent me the link to ask if it was the correct recipe; they couldn't wait for me because they wanted to make it for their families for lunch!I didn't really know what to serve with this sandwich, so I went with watermelon with fresh mint, and it turned out to perfectly compliment the sweetness of the sandwich."