Serving this on Christmas morning is a tradition in our home. It's wonderful because I can make it the night before and pop it in the oven while we are opening gifts. —Jill Peterson, Richfield, Wisconsin
Featured In: 28 Apple Recipes to Make in a 13x9 Pan
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon, divided
- 3 medium tart apples, peeled and sliced (about 3 cups)
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 12 slices day-old French bread (1 inch thick)
- 6 large eggs
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- In a small bowl, mix brown sugar, butter and 1 teaspoon cinnamon; pour into a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Top with apples and cranberries. Arrange bread slices over fruit. In a small bowl, whisk eggs, milk, vanilla and remaining cinnamon; pour over bread. Refrigerate, covered, overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Remove French toast from refrigerator while oven heats. Bake, covered, 40 minutes. Bake, uncovered, 20-25 minutes longer or until golden brown and a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand 5-10 minutes before serving. To serve, invert onto a serving platter. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Cinnamon-Apple French Toast in Breakfast & Brunch Bookazine 2014, p23
Reviews for Cinnamon-Apple French Toast
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review