Cinnamon Apple Crumb Pie Recipe
- 1 can (21 ounces) apple pie filling
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1-1/2 to 2 cups crushed pecan shortbread cookies
- 1. Pour pie filling into pastry shell. Sprinkle with cinnamon and dot with 1 tablespoon butter. Melt remaining butter. Place cookie crumbs in a small bowl; stir in butter until coarse crumbs form. Sprinkle over filling. Cover edges of pastry loosely with foil.
- 2. Bake at 450° for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 350°; remove foil and bake for 40-45 minutes or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly. Cool on a wire rack for at least 2 hours. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 piece: 339 calories, 18g fat (8g saturated fat), 23mg cholesterol, 244mg sodium, 42g carbohydrate (19g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Reviews for Cinnamon Apple Crumb Pie
"My Dad's favorite pie!"
"I made this because I realized Thanksgiving morning that I didn't calculate my pie crusts properly, and I was left with only one crust for my apple pie. I've never made apple pie without a top crust, but I must admit I think I like it better with the crumb topping! I used my own pie filling, because I don't care for the canned stuff, but other than that it was superb!"
"Put this one in your favorite recipes file, everybody! It is literally "easy as pie" but tastes like something much more expensive and time-consuming. The only change I would make is to keep the foil on the crust longer - mine was a little overbrowned. Oh, and I didn't chill it but served it at room temp with vanilla ice cream. It's recipes like this one which makes TOH's Simple and Delicious magazine worth getting."
"This one is a real keeper. My father-in-lawalways asks for it. So simple and so delicious."
"We love it!"