Cinnamon Apple Crumb Pie Recipe
Here’s a dessert any busy hostess could love! Shared by Carolyn Ruch of New London, Wisconsin, it goes together in minutes, looks and tastes like you really fussed, and is easily doubled to feed any size gathering.
- 1 can (21 ounces) apple pie filling
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1-1/2 to 2 cups crushed pecan shortbread cookies
- 1. Pour pie filling into pastry shell. Sprinkle with cinnamon and dot with 1 tablespoon butter. Melt remaining butter. Place cookie crumbs in a small bowl; stir in butter until coarse crumbs form. Sprinkle over filling. Cover edges of pastry loosely with foil.
- 2. Bake at 450° for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 350°; remove foil and bake for 40-45 minutes or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly. Cool on a wire rack for at least 2 hours. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 339 calories, 18 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 23 mg cholesterol, 244 mg sodium, 42 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC