- 1 can (21 ounces) apple pie filling
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1-1/2 to 2 cups crushed pecan shortbread cookies
- Pour pie filling into pastry shell. Sprinkle with cinnamon and dot with 1 tablespoon butter. Melt remaining butter. Place cookie crumbs in a small bowl; stir in butter until coarse crumbs form. Sprinkle over filling. Cover edges of pastry loosely with foil.
- Bake at 450° for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 350°; remove foil and bake for 40-45 minutes or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly. Cool on a wire rack for at least 2 hours. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews for Cinnamon Apple Crumb Pie
"Very tasty apple pie and very easy! This was one of the pies I made for Pie (Pi) Day, March 15, this year and everyone enjoyed it. I doubled the amount of cinnamon in the recipe, but that was the only change I made."
"My Dad's favorite pie!"
"Very easy and love the "sandie" topping. I used my homemade apple pie filling. Would probably be good on peach too."
"My family made this recipe together several months ago when we started baking something new every other weekend or so. It was easy to make and it tasted great. Crushing the pecan sandies was everyone's favorite part besides eating it. I would make it again, maybe around Thanksgiving."
"I made this because I realized Thanksgiving morning that I didn't calculate my pie crusts properly, and I was left with only one crust for my apple pie. I've never made apple pie without a top crust, but I must admit I think I like it better with the crumb topping! I used my own pie filling, because I don't care for the canned stuff, but other than that it was superb!"