Here’s a dessert any busy hostess could love! Shared by Carolyn Ruch of New London, Wisconsin, it goes together in minutes, looks and tastes like you really fussed, and is easily doubled to feed any size gathering.
- 1 can (21 ounces) apple pie filling
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1-1/2 to 2 cups crushed pecan shortbread cookies
- Pour pie filling into pastry shell. Sprinkle with cinnamon and dot with 1 tablespoon butter. Melt remaining butter. Place cookie crumbs in a small bowl; stir in butter until coarse crumbs form. Sprinkle over filling. Cover edges of pastry loosely with foil.
- Bake at 450° for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 350°; remove foil and bake for 40-45 minutes or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly. Cool on a wire rack for at least 2 hours. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Cinnamon Apple Crumb Pie in Simple & Delicious November/December 2006, p11
Reviews for Cinnamon Apple Crumb Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review