Cinnamon Apple Crisp Recipe
One of the desserts I always make when everyone comes home for Christmas is this scrumptious crisp. We enjoy the brown sugar, cinnamon, walnut and graham cracker topping better than the traditional oat-topped version.
- 10 cups sliced peeled tart apples
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup red-hot candies
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 1-1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs (about 24 squares)
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1. Place apples in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with sugar and red-hots. Pour water over apples.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the cracker crumbs, flour, brown sugar, walnuts and cinnamon; cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over apple mixture.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 50-55 minutes or until apples are tender. Yield: 12-16 servings.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC