- 1 package (9 ounces) yellow cake mix
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 medium tart apples, peeled and shredded
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a large bowl, beat the cake mix, pudding mix, eggs, sour cream and butter on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes.
- Pour half into a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Top with apples. Combine the sugar, nuts and cinnamon; sprinkle half over the apples. Top with remaining batter and sugar mixture.
- Bake at 350° for 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 9 servings.
Reviews for Cinnamon Apple Coffee Cake
"We really enjoyed this! Next time I will chop the nuts a bit smaller, but other than that it was perfect for us!"
"I was unimpressed. I doubled everything to accommodate a normal cake mix and a 9x13 pan. It's too much like a cake, rather than a coffee cake. The apples should be tossed with some cinnamon and sugar, rather than just sprinkled on top of them. More nuts would have been better too."
"This is my favorite cake . I also add another apple (especially if they're small). Other than that, I follow the recipe exactly. It tastes like an apple cheesecake. Delicious."
"Very good coffee cake, even my sister, really liked it, and she is very fussy, also like that it makes a 8" square pan."
"My husband and I love this moist little cake, turns out delicious everytime!"
"I cannot wat to try this. I will use a regular size çake mix and double everything else. Cook it in a 9" x 13" pan.....hope it works!!"
"The best Apple coffeecake I ever had. We increased the apples by one and added more nuts. Make this recipe right now"
"This is GREAT!"
"I used (on accident) a larger cake recipe and like it so much that way that I won't bother to find a 9 oz mix!"
"I have made this recipe many times- it is a true winner! My daughter has a friend who will drive two hours to our house when she hears I am making it. SO easy, SO good."