Tender apples add nice flavor to this quick-to-fix cake from Gertrude Hart. The Oak Creek, Wisconsin cook says the nutty treat was a family favorite when served warm after church on Sunday mornings.
- 1 package (9 ounces) yellow cake mix
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 medium tart apples, peeled and shredded
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a large bowl, beat the cake mix, pudding mix, eggs, sour cream and butter on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes.
- Pour half into a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Top with apples. Combine the sugar, nuts and cinnamon; sprinkle half over the apples. Top with remaining batter and sugar mixture.
- Bake at 350° for 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 9 servings.
Originally published as Cinnamon Apple Coffee Cake in Quick Cooking January/February 2004, p35
Reviews for Cinnamon Apple Coffee Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review