Cinnamon Apple Coffee Cake Recipe
Tender apples add nice flavor to this quick-to-fix cake from Gertrude Hart. The Oak Creek, Wisconsin cook says the nutty treat was a family favorite when served warm after church on Sunday mornings.
- 1 package (9 ounces) yellow cake mix
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 medium tart apples, peeled and shredded
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1. In a large bowl, beat the cake mix, pudding mix, eggs, sour cream and butter on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes.
- 2. Pour half into a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Top with apples. Combine the sugar, nuts and cinnamon; sprinkle half over the apples. Top with remaining batter and sugar mixture.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 9 servings.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 326 calories, 13 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 56 mg cholesterol, 409 mg sodium, 48 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC