I use the cold-weather staples cinnamon and apple cider to turn plain cinnamon rolls into monkey bread. It’s a hit with my boys, who love the sticky sweetness. —Kelly Walsh, Aviston, Illinois
- 5 envelopes (.74 ounce each) instant spiced cider mix
- 3 tubes (12.4 ounces each) refrigerated cinnamon rolls with icing
- 2 medium Granny Smith apples, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350°. Combine cider mixes. Separate cinnamon rolls, setting aside icings; cut each roll into quarters. Add to cider mixture; toss to coat.
- Arrange a third of the dough pieces in a well-greased 10-in. fluted tube pan; top with half of the apples and half of the pecans. Repeat layers once. Top with remaining dough.
- Mix melted butter, cinnamon and icing from one container until blended. Drizzle over top of rolls. Bake until golden brown, 45-50 minutes. (If needed, cover top loosely with foil during last 5 minutes to prevent overbrowning.)
- Immediately invert monkey bread onto a serving plate; keep pan inverted 10 minutes, allowing bread to release. Remove pan. Meanwhile, microwave remaining icing, uncovered, until softened, about 10 seconds. Drizzle over monkey bread. Serve warm. Yield: 16 servings.
Originally published as Cinnamon-Apple Cider Monkey Bread in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2017, p107
Reviews for Cinnamon Apple Cider Monkey Bread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review