Cinnamon Apple Cheesecake Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/4 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup thawed apple juice concentrate
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 medium tart apples, peeled and sliced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup thawed apple juice concentrate
- 1. In a small bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Gradually add flour, oats, walnuts and cinnamon until well blended. Press onto the bottom and 1-1/2 in. up the sides of a greased 9-in. springform pan. Place on a baking sheet. Bake at 325° for 10 minutes or until set. Cool on a wire rack.
- 2. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy. Beat in milk and apple juice concentrate until smooth. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined (batter will be thin). Pour into crust. Return pan to baking sheet.
- 3. Bake at 325° for 40-45 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight.
- 4. In a large skillet, cook and stir apples in butter over medium heat until crisp-tender, about 5 minutes. Cool to room temperature. Arrange over cheesecake.
- 5. In a small saucepan, combine the cornstarch, cinnamon and juice concentrate until smooth. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Immediately brush over apples. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until chilled. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 12 servings.
1 slice: 384 calories, 21g fat (12g saturated fat), 108mg cholesterol, 207mg sodium, 43g carbohydrate (32g sugars, 1g fiber), 8g protein
Reviews for Cinnamon Apple Cheesecake
"I have had this saved for a while and I decided to make it this Christmas and I'm so glad I did. It was a huge hit. I am a big fan of the crust! I will absolutely be making this one again."
"My grandma taught me that if you can't say something nice, keep your mouth shut. John needs a job or something to do besides junk like this. Thank you, Emily, for sharing. Have a blessed Thanksgiving!"
"Wowza, I think John may have some anger about more than the cheesecake recipe. lol this was good! Family liked it, I liked it, this is some tasty crap. :)"
"This was an terrible recipe and typical of the trailer park Taste of Home submissions. It is basically cream cheese with sweetened condensed milk. There is no other flavor. the apple and cinnamon are completely missing from the palate (and I used a little bit extra apple juice). It always seems safe to avoid recipes that call for something like "frozen condensed apple juice" as it's usually a way to avoid using quality ingredients. This is no exception. I tried this recipe after tasting an amazing apple/cinnamon cheesecake at a local restaurant. This version pales and goes in the trash. If you want cheap cheesecake that is overly sweet but lacking substance, this is it. If you actually want good cheesecake look elsewhere. Even the boxed stuff (no bake) beats this crap"
"Love this recipe..the best apple cheesecake"
"This was wonderful. One of my favorites. I made this for my staff and they love it."
"This cheesecake was excellent, made it exactly as the recipe says. I will definitely make this one again, my husband wants it for Thanksgiving!"
"This cheesecake was easy to make and very beautiful in presentation. Everyone loved it and asked for the recipe. Just for fun, I drizzled caramel topping over the top. This is now in our "favorites" file!"
"This is really deliscious and every party my friends are asking me to make this recipe so l'll give it a 5 stars!"
"I used canned apple filling for the top."
"I have made this for the last 7 years it is my uncle's favorite cheesecake. I also made it for a church fundraiser. I made 45.00 off that event. The man that bought my cake he loved it so much he ate the whole thing and he is now my fiance and planning on getting married in a couple of months. What an amazing dessert."
"We thoroughly enjoyed this simple cheesecake recipe! For convenience, I used about 3 cups of my home-canned apple pie filling instead of cooking up the apple topping suggested in the recipe. I also made a caramel sauce to drizzle over the top. It was great with the caramel sauce, but it would've been fine without it, too. This recipe it great for those who need to watch their sugar intake as it is very low in sugar, yet still delicious!"
"This recipe takes a little time but it was delicious."
"This is probably the easiest cheesecake I've ever made and it received rave reviews from everyone at Thanksgiving. I did chance the topping a little bit by cooking the apples longer and using some caramel ice cream topping and less of the apple juice."
"this recipe is the best. I made for Thanksgiving and it was a hit! not only is it beautiful, it is also delicious. I am making it again this weekend for a party."
"This was my first cheesecake. I made it for a party and everyone loved it. Good recipe!"
"Excellent-should have made 2. Everyone wanted seconds on Easter Sunday! I'm making another one tomorrow, for my Son's 40th Birthday. Sandy B. 5/12/11"
"Delicious, best cheesecake I've ever eaten."
"Simple and tasty! I added caramel ice cream topping over the apples."
"not change a bit. Delicious!!! pickup"
"Great recipe, I did not make any changes. Everyone raved. The apples and topping were just right for the cake, they had great texture. Not too crispy, not too soft. The crust was really good too. A great cheesecake that doesn't take 4 hours to make. Will add this to my favorite recipes. Thanks!"
"We loved this. Excellent!"
"Kick ass. Very tasty."