Cinnamon Apple Cake Recipe
After sampling this cake at a picnic, I had to find the lady who made it to ask for the recipe. I've made it - and shared the recipe myself - many times since.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Bake: 40 min. YIELD:16-20 servings
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups finely chopped peeled tart apples
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- 1. In a bowl, combine flour, cinnamon, baking soda and salt. Add oil, eggs and vanilla; mix well (batter will be thick). Toss apples with sugar; fold into batter. Spread into a greased and floured 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan.
- 2. For topping, beat the butter, sugars and cinnamon in a small bowl. Stir in coconut and walnuts; mix well. Sprinkle over the batter. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until the cake tests done. Yield: 16-20 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 274 calories, 12 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 24 mg cholesterol, 238 mg sodium, 41 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC