After sampling this cake at a picnic, I had to find the lady who made it to ask for the recipe. I've made it - and shared the recipe myself - many times since.
- 2 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups finely chopped peeled tart apples
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- In a large bowl, beat sugar, oil, eggs and vanilla until well blended. In another bowl, whisk flour, cinnamon, baking soda and salt; gradually beat into sugar mixture (batter will be thick). Fold in apples. Spread into a greased and floured 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan.
- For topping, beat the butter, sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl. Stir in coconut and walnuts; mix well. Sprinkle over the batter. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Yield: 16-20 servings.
Originally published as Cinnamon Apple Cake in Country Extra September 1995, p51
Reviews for Cinnamon Apple Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review