Cinnamon Apple Cake Recipe
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups finely chopped peeled tart apples
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- In a bowl, combine flour, cinnamon, baking soda and salt. Add oil, eggs and vanilla; mix well (batter will be thick). Toss apples with sugar; fold into batter. Spread into a greased and floured 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan.
- For topping, beat the butter, sugars and cinnamon in a small bowl. Stir in coconut and walnuts; mix well. Sprinkle over the batter. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until the cake tests done. Yield: 16-20 servings.
Reviews for Cinnamon Apple Cake(9)
Sort By :
I made this cake twice now, & the family enjoyed it. I made it gluten free by using 2 cups of Bob's Red Mills Gluten Free Baking Mix & adding 1 tsp of xanthum gum. I also cut the sugar back to 1 cup & the oil to a 1/2 cup & added extra apples. I baked it in a 9 x 13 cake pan. Definitely a Keeper
I made this cake several times and my family loved it, then misplaced the recipe. It is super good and moist and we will enjoy having it again. My daughters are now married and have asked for the recipe and I am going to be passing it on to them. Thank you for all the good food to prepare for family and friends, Lisa
I made it in the 9X13 pan recommended. I also thought that 2 cups of sugar sounded like a lot so reduced it to 1 cup and used Splenda as the sweetener insted of sugar in the cake. Topping as written. Guys just tasted for coffee time and said it was great.
My family loved it. Doubled the recipe and made it in a 9 x 13. Pickiest eating son passed by his favorite cake sitting nearby to have third helpings of this.