Cinnamon-Apple Brown Betty Recipe
- 5 medium tart apples, cubed
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 6 cups cubed day-old cinnamon-raisin bread (about 10 slices)
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- Sweetened whipped cream, optional
- In a large bowl, toss apples with lemon juice. In a small bowl, mix brown sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg; add to apple mixture and toss to coat. In a large bowl, drizzle butter over bread cubes; toss to coat.
- Place 2 cups bread cubes in a greased 3- or 4-qt. slow cooker. Layer with half of the apple mixture and 2 cups bread cubes. Repeat layers. Cook, covered, on low 2-3 hours or until apples are tender. Stir before serving. If desired, top with whipped cream. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Cinnamon-Apple Brown Betty
Sort By :
"My husband enjoys almost any dessert with apples. This is one of his favorites. It smells wonderful as it bakes especially when you lift the lid off the slow cooker. October 5th is National Apple Betty Day"
"First experience with "Brown Betty". Tastes great."