Cinnamon Almond Strips Recipe
When I was young, I could hardly wait for the holidays because I knew these rich cookies would make an appearance on the cookie tray. Now I make them for holidays throughout the year. —Fred Grover, Lake Havasu City, Arizona
- 1-1/2 cups butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs, separated
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1 cup finely chopped almonds
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg yolks. Gradually add flour and mix well.
- 2. Using a cookie press fitted with a bar disk, press dough 1 in. apart into long strips onto ungreased baking sheets. In a small bowl, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form; brush over dough.
- 3. Combine topping ingredients; sprinkle over strips. Cut each strip into 2-in. pieces (there is no need to separate the pieces).
- 4. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until edges are firm (do not brown). Cut into pieces again if necessary. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: about 10 dozen.
1 cookie equals 56 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 11 mg cholesterol, 18 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.
Reviews for Cinnamon Almond Strips
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC