Cinnamon Almond Strips Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs, separated
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1 cup finely chopped almonds
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg yolks. Gradually add flour and mix well.
- 2. Using a cookie press fitted with a bar disk, press dough 1 in. apart into long strips onto ungreased baking sheets. In a small bowl, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form; brush over dough.
- 3. Combine topping ingredients; sprinkle over strips. Cut each strip into 2-in. pieces (there is no need to separate the pieces).
- 4. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until edges are firm (do not brown). Cut into pieces again if necessary. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: about 10 dozen.
1 each: 56 calories, 3g fat (2g saturated fat), 11mg cholesterol, 18mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (4g sugars, trace fiber), 1g protein Diabetic Exchanges:1/2 starch, 1/2 fat
Reviews for Cinnamon Almond Strips
"I was wondering the same thing, I don't have a cookie press. I'll try rolling them out and cutting them into equal portions."
"sincerelysandy -- I'm sure if you ate the ENTIRE 120 serving, it just might NOT be diabetic friendly!!Read ---- The Nutritional Facts are at the bottom of the recipe directions!!!"
"There is only 7 carbs, and if concerned use a mixture of sugar and Splenda, it bakes well. A cookie press can be found in many .99 cent stores..not professional, but handle ok"
"Please explain how a recipe that contains 2 1/2 cups of sugar can be diabetic friendly."
"<p>You really dont need a cookie press...I have made these where I just cut them into bars and bake...just make sure you roll out evenly thin...if you have a pasta machine you can roll out equally thin then score into bars to bake...it is all about the thickness of the bars I think!</p> (with the pasta machine do not use a noodle attachment...just roll out large flat peices of dough that you can trim and score)"
"How can I make this if I don't have a cookie press? They sound yummy with two of my favorite ingredients - cinnamon and almonds."