Cinnamon Almond Crescents
I set out these cookies as we open our gifts on Christmas Eve. Before long, the plate is empty and I'm being asked to refill it!
21 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1-2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup finely ground blanched almonds
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluff. Beat
- in vanilla. Combine flour and almonds; gradually add to creamed
- mixture and mix well.
- Roll into 1-in. balls; shape into crescents. Place 2 in. apart on
- lightly greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or
- until set (do not brown).
- In a small bowl, combine sugar and cinnamon. Roll warm cookies in
- cinnamon-sugar; cool on wire racks. Yield: about 3-1/2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 157 calories, 10 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 23 mg cholesterol, 88 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.