Cinnamon Almond Crescents Recipe
I set out these cookies as we open our gifts on Christmas Eve. Before long, the plate is empty and I'm being asked to refill it!
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup finely ground blanched almonds
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluff. Beat in vanilla. Combine flour and almonds; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- 2. Roll into 1-in. balls; shape into crescents. Place 2 in. apart on lightly greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until set (do not brown).
- 3. In a small bowl, combine sugar and cinnamon. Roll warm cookies in cinnamon-sugar; cool on wire racks. Yield: about 3-1/2 dozen.
1 serving (2 each) equals 157 calories, 10 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 23 mg cholesterol, 88 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC