- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup finely ground blanched almonds
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluff. Beat in vanilla. Combine flour and almonds; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Roll into 1-in. balls; shape into crescents. Place 2 in. apart on lightly greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until set (do not brown).
- In a small bowl, combine sugar and cinnamon. Roll warm cookies in cinnamon-sugar; cool on wire racks. Yield: about 3-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Cinnamon Almond Crescents in Best of Country Cookies 1999, p66
Reviews for Cinnamon Almond Crescents
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 16, 2011
"This was my first time making almond crescents and we couldn't stop eating them all up. Perfect!!"