- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup finely ground blanched almonds
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluff. Beat in vanilla. Combine flour and almonds; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Roll into 1-in. balls; shape into crescents. Place 2 in. apart on lightly greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until set (do not brown).
- In a small bowl, combine sugar and cinnamon. Roll warm cookies in cinnamon-sugar; cool on wire racks. Yield: about 3-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Cinnamon Almond Crescents in Best of Country Cookies 1999, p66
Reviews for Cinnamon Almond Crescents
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jan. 16, 2011
This was my first time making almond crescents and we couldn't stop eating them all up. Perfect!!