Cinnamon Almond Brittle Recipe
It simply wouldn't be Christmas at our house without this old-time favorite twist on peanut brittle. No one believes how easy it is to make...and doesn't stick to your teeth!
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 30 min. YIELD:16 servings
- 2 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups slivered almonds, toasted
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1. Butter two baking sheets and keep warm in a 200° oven. In a large saucepan, combine the sugar, corn syrup and water. Cook and stir over medium heat until a candy thermometer reads 240° (soft-ball stage). Stir in the butter, cinnamon, salt and almonds; cook and stir until mixture reaches 300°(hard-crack stage), brushing down sides of pan with water as needed.
- 2. Remove from the heat; stir in baking soda and vanilla. Quickly pour onto prepared baking sheets. Spread with a buttered metal spatula to 1/4-in. thickness. Cool; break into pieces. Store in an airtight container. Yield: about 2 pounds.
1 serving (2 ounces) equals 277 calories, 12 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 6 mg cholesterol, 233 mg sodium, 41 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC