- 2 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups slivered almonds, toasted
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Butter two baking sheets and keep warm in a 200° oven. In a large saucepan, combine the sugar, corn syrup and water. Cook and stir over medium heat until a candy thermometer reads 240° (soft-ball stage). Stir in the butter, cinnamon, salt and almonds; cook and stir until mixture reaches 300°(hard-crack stage), brushing down sides of pan with water as needed.
- Remove from the heat; stir in baking soda and vanilla. Quickly pour onto prepared baking sheets. Spread with a buttered metal spatula to 1/4-in. thickness. Cool; break into pieces. Store in an airtight container. Yield: about 2 pounds.
Reviews for Cinnamon Almond Brittle
Sort By :
"The cinnamon is a great addition to this brittle. I found three cups of almonds was too much. There wasn't enough brittle to go around the nuts. Tried again with 2 cups of almonds and it was perfect. I made this for a bazaar for two years now and I've gotten great reviews."