Hemingford, Nebraska field editor Kathy Scott says, "When you want a sweet treat without heating up the oven, make these in a snap on top of the stove."
24 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/4 cup butter
- 5 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 cups unseasoned croutons
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup raisins
- Melt butter in a saucepan; add marshmallows and cinnamon. Cook and
- sir over low heat until marshmallows are melted; remove from heat.
- Add croutons, nuts and raisins; stir until well coated. Press into a
- greased 11-in. x 7-in. pan. Cut into bars. Yield: 2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 107 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 93 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.