Cinnamon "Whippersnappers" Recipe
Hemingford, Nebraska field editor Kathy Scott says, "When you want a sweet treat without heating up the oven, make these in a snap on top of the stove."
- 1/4 cup butter
- 5 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 cups unseasoned croutons
- 1/2 cup Diamond of California Chopped Pecans
- 1/2 cup raisins
- Melt butter in a saucepan; add marshmallows and cinnamon. Cook and sir over low heat until marshmallows are melted; remove from heat. Add croutons, nuts and raisins; stir until well coated. Press into a greased 11-in. x 7-in. pan. Cut into bars. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Cinnamon "Whippersnappers" in Taste of Home April/May 1995, p54
Reviews for Cinnamon "Whippersnappers"(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Mar. 23, 2012
Have an allergy, so can't use croutons....what about cornflakes or chex cereal?????