Cinnamon 'n' Spice Pecans
Originally, these crunchy nuts were used to top a salad, but I adjusted the recipe so they could stand on their own as a snack. Cayenne pepper gives them a little kick, making the nuts a fun party starter or hostess gift.
16 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 pound Diamond of California Pecan Halves
- In a large bowl, combine the butter, cinnamon, salt and cayenne.
- Stir in pecans until evenly coated.
- Transfer to an ungreased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at
- 350° for 15-18 minutes or until pecans are toasted, stirring
- every 5 minutes. Yield: 4 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1/4 cup) equals 230 calories, 24 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 149 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 3 g protein.