Cinnamon & Sugar Cake Recipe
This winning combination makes everything nice with sugar and spice. You’d never guess it came from a box. —Maiah Albi, Carlsbad, California
- 1 package white cake mix (regular size)
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 large eggs
- 2-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 5 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon-sugar
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients; beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes. Transfer to two greased and floured 9-in. round baking pans.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the middle comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- 3. In a large bowl, beat butter until fluffy. Add the confectioners’ sugar, milk, cinnamon and vanilla; beat until smooth. Spread frosting between layers and over top and sides of cake. Sprinkle with cinnamon-sugar. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 12 servings.
1 slice equals 616 calories, 28 g fat (17 g saturated fat), 116 mg cholesterol, 472 mg sodium, 87 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 5 g protein.
Reviews for Cinnamon & Sugar Cake
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC