- 1 package white cake mix (regular size)
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 eggs
- 2-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 5 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon-sugar
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients; beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes. Transfer to two greased and floured 9-in. round baking pans.
- Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the middle comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- In a large bowl, beat butter until fluffy. Add the confectioners’ sugar, milk, cinnamon and vanilla; beat until smooth. Spread frosting between layers and over top and sides of cake. Sprinkle with cinnamon-sugar. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Cinnamon & Sugar Cake
Sort By :
"Very good, I love cinnamon! I won't do the dusting on top next time. I didn't care for the crunch of the white sugar."
"First off, this smelled a-maz-ing baking in the oven. It was an easy recipe to put together and was well received by everyone who tried it, both adults and kids. Folks especially liked the frosting. Most didn't realize it was a box mix base. I will make again for sure, one of the recipes that's nice to have for whatever event comes your way!"
"I would definitely make this cake again.....delicious and so easy. My husband loved it, too, It could easily be called a Snickerdoodle cake. I liked it better left out of the refrigerator."
"Made this for Thanksgiving and everything turned out wonderful. And it was so easy to make."
"I made this into cupcakes. They were so light and moist and the cinnamon was just perfect in them. My 2 year old grabbed one off the cooling rack as soon as it was frosted. Toddler (and mommy) approved!"