- 1 package white cake mix (regular size)
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 large eggs
- 2-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 5 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon-sugar
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients; beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes. Transfer to two greased and floured 9-in. round baking pans.
- Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the middle comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- In a large bowl, beat butter until fluffy. Add the confectioners’ sugar, milk, cinnamon and vanilla; beat until smooth. Spread frosting between layers and over top and sides of cake. Sprinkle with cinnamon-sugar. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Cinnamon & Sugar Cake
Sort By :
"Made this about 1 month ago and would not change a thing. My family couldn't get enough and it was gone in no time."
"The cake was absolutely fabulous. Loved the taste, the smell, and the look (I think this is a beautiful looking cake). I will definitely make again. I found the frosting a bit stiff and thick. Loved the cinnamon in the frosting and will do that again, but I will play around with the butter/powdered sugar ratios to get a softer frosting. I also will not do the dusting on top again either - too crunchy."
"Very good, I love cinnamon! I won't do the dusting on top next time. I didn't care for the crunch of the white sugar."
"First off, this smelled a-maz-ing baking in the oven. It was an easy recipe to put together and was well received by everyone who tried it, both adults and kids. Folks especially liked the frosting. Most didn't realize it was a box mix base. I will make again for sure, one of the recipes that's nice to have for whatever event comes your way!"
"I would definitely make this cake again.....delicious and so easy. My husband loved it, too, It could easily be called a Snickerdoodle cake. I liked it better left out of the refrigerator."