- 1 package white cake mix (regular size)
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 eggs
- 2-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1-1/2 teaspoons McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 5 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon-sugar
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients; beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes. Transfer to two greased and floured 9-in. round baking pans.
- Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the middle comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- In a large bowl, beat butter until fluffy. Add the confectioners’ sugar, milk, cinnamon and vanilla; beat until smooth. Spread frosting between layers and over top and sides of cake. Sprinkle with cinnamon-sugar. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Cinnamon & Sugar Cake
Sort By :
"A really big hit for a birthday celebration! I made in 9 x 13 pan and cut the frosting recipe in half and it was perfect amount for our tastes. (Used full amount of cinnamon sugar for the sprinkling on top.)"
"A++ so good!!"
"This is an incredible recipe! The only thing I oops'd on was putting the cinnamon-sugar mix that was to be sprinkled on the cake, into the frosting. Whoops! I shrugged my shoulders, tasted the frosting, thought it was good, and continued on. I did not sprinkle the top of the cake, but no one noticed. I think the added cinnamon-sugar made the frosting that much sweeter, but i loved it, and so did all of my friends. It's the first successful layer cake I've ever made......mine usually break in half when I remove them from the pan, lol!!!"
"I made this a party and everybody loved it. Say I would make it again."
"My friend & I made this & OMG THIS CAKE IS LITERALLY TO DIE FOR. We didn't have cinnamon sugar on hand so we mixed 1 tsp of sugar & 1 tsp of cinnamon together to make the cinnamon sugar. We followed the recipe to the tee with no changes made at all & it turned out PERFECT!"