- 1 package white cake mix (regular size)
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 eggs
- 2-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 5 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon-sugar
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients; beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes. Transfer to two greased and floured 9-in. round baking pans.
- Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the middle comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- In a large bowl, beat butter until fluffy. Add the confectioners’ sugar, milk, cinnamon and vanilla; beat until smooth. Spread frosting between layers and over top and sides of cake. Sprinkle with cinnamon-sugar. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews for Cinnamon & Sugar Cake
Sort By :
"Made this for Thanksgiving and everything turned out wonderful. And it was so easy to make."
"I made this into cupcakes. They were so light and moist and the cinnamon was just perfect in them. My 2 year old grabbed one off the cooling rack as soon as it was frosted. Toddler (and mommy) approved!"
"A really big hit for a birthday celebration! I made in 9 x 13 pan and cut the frosting recipe in half and it was perfect amount for our tastes. (Used full amount of cinnamon sugar for the sprinkling on top.)"
"A++ so good!!"
"This is an incredible recipe! The only thing I oops'd on was putting the cinnamon-sugar mix that was to be sprinkled on the cake, into the frosting. Whoops! I shrugged my shoulders, tasted the frosting, thought it was good, and continued on. I did not sprinkle the top of the cake, but no one noticed. I think the added cinnamon-sugar made the frosting that much sweeter, but i loved it, and so did all of my friends. It's the first successful layer cake I've ever made......mine usually break in half when I remove them from the pan, lol!!!"