Cindy's Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup shortening
- 2 cups packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, shortening and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in chocolate chips and nuts (dough will be sticky). Cover and chill dough for 1 hour.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: about 11 dozen.
Reviews for Cindy's Chocolate Chip Cookies
Sort By :
Great all-round cookie; however, my husband is stuck on the chocolate chip cookie recipe you make with vanilla instant pudding (that is why it is a 4 out of 5). The cookie is soft and has a good overall texture. I did follow the directions exactly but did cut the recipe in half. The key to the soft cookie is refrigerating it for the hour. I recently made the "copy that" Mrs.Field's chocolate chip cooke and the refrigeration was the secret to her recipe as well.
I didn't realize how much these actually made, luckily for me a few fire fighters were stealing them as they cooled down in the kitchen. They came out great and stayed moist, and were a big hit for the Bake event I gave them too.They were perfect, and I plan to bake them again tonight!I also added walnuts
Made these cookies last week for my family. They're a good, basic chocolate chip cookie. Tend to be on the crisper side. If they're too crispy for you, toss a slice of bread in your cookie jar. They'll soften right up!
Perfect cookies! Crunchy outside and soft centers. I used all butter and followed the directions exactly (including chilling for 1 hour!). My only complaint...the 5 lbs I am pretty sure I just gained. Thanks for a great recipe!
I add another cup of flour as these are quite thin with only 4 1/2 cups of flour. Great recipe except for that.
More Recipe Collections
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipes >
- Chocolate Chip Cookies >
- Chocolate Chip Recipes >
- Chocolate Cookie Recipes >
- Chocolate Dessert Recipes >
- Chocolate Desserts >
- Chocolate Recipes >
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Cookie Recipes >
- Cookies >
- Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Kids Desserts >