Cindy's Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup shortening
- 2 cups packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, shortening and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in chocolate chips and nuts (dough will be sticky). Cover and chill dough for 1 hour.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: about 11 dozen.
Reviews for Cindy's Chocolate Chip Cookies(14)
Sort By :
Made these cookies last week for my family. They're a good, basic chocolate chip cookie. Tend to be on the crisper side. If they're too crispy for you, toss a slice of bread in your cookie jar. They'll soften right up!
Perfect cookies! Crunchy outside and soft centers. I used all butter and followed the directions exactly (including chilling for 1 hour!). My only complaint...the 5 lbs I am pretty sure I just gained. Thanks for a great recipe!
I add another cup of flour as these are quite thin with only 4 1/2 cups of flour. Great recipe except for that.
This is the chocolate chip cookie recipe I have been looking for!! This truly is the best. I made the recipe as is but instead of butter I used Fleishmann's margarine. I also highly recommend using a silpat baking mat on top of your cookie sheet and under your cookies when baking any cookies, they slide right off! I told my husband that this is the recipe that will keep my 3 little boys coming back to their Mommy as they grow up!!
I don't know what has gone wrong exactly with some of these reviewers but I have consistently made these cookies for the last 3-5 years and it is the ONLY chocolate chip recipe I will use. Everyone who has tried these has said they are the best chocolate chip cookies they've ever had. I follow the recipe exactly and make no adjustments. I use a kitchen aid and always chill the dough. I always have some of this in the freezer and it bakes well every time. The only thing I can think of is the other reviewers weren't chilling their dough long enough. I would give six stars if I could.
More Recipe Collections
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipes >
- Chocolate Chip Cookies >
- Chocolate Chip Recipes >
- Chocolate Cookie Recipes >
- Chocolate Dessert Recipes >
- Chocolate Desserts >
- Chocolate Recipes >
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Cookie Recipes >
- Cookies >
- Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Kids Desserts >