Cindy's Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe
My husband and two sons try other chocolate chip cookies and tell me there's no comparison with mine. And my husband doesn't even like chocolate! These cookies are nice and crisp, but be sure to not overbake them. —Cindy Utter, Jacksonville, Illinois
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 10 min. + chilling Bake: 10 min./batch YIELD:66 servings
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup shortening
- 2 cups packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1. In a large bowl, cream the butter, shortening and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in chocolate chips and nuts (dough will be sticky). Cover and chill dough for 1 hour.
- 2. Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: about 11 dozen.
2 cookies equals 160 calories, 9 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 20 mg cholesterol, 145 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC