- 2 pounds extra-lean ground turkey
- 2 medium onions, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) no-salt-added tomato sauce
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) reduced-sodium beef broth
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1/2 ounce unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 package (16 ounces) whole wheat spaghetti
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1-1/4 cups (5 ounces) shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- In a nonstick Dutch oven coated with cooking spray, cook turkey, onions and garlic until turkey is no longer pink. Transfer to a 3-qt. slow cooker.
- In a large bowl, combine tomato sauce, broth, vinegar, chocolate and seasonings; pour over turkey mixture. Cook, covered, on low 6-8 hours.
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions; drain. Remove bay leaf from chili. For each serving, place 3/4 cup spaghetti in a bowl. Top with about 2/3 cup chili, 3 tablespoons kidney beans, 2 tablespoons cheese and 1 tablespoon chopped onion. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews for Cincinnati-Style Chili
Sort By :
"Loved it! Reminded us of some we've had at a restaurant chain and was just as good. Will definitely make again!"
"Was not my cup of tea. The chocolate in it was too overpowering."
"All the right ingredients except for true Skyline Chile you need boiled ground beef. Let the chili chill for 12- 24 hours and remove the beef fat from the top. Great on hotdogs with some diced onions."
"I use to work at Skyline chili when I was younger so I like to think I know a thing or two about Cincinnati chili :) this was very good. And I loved that it's on the lighter side. It's also low in sodium so I gave the recipe to my mother. She made it for my grandfather, and they loved it too. Great dish!"
"Wow! What a wonderful spin on the usual chili recipes. I loved the idea of serving chili over spaghetti noodles, and loading it with my favorite chili toppings! I was definitely intrigued by the sweet spices, and chocolate in chili. They gave it a wonderful exotic flavor. The only changes I made was adding sliced mushrooms with the onions and garlic, and adding a little extra broth. Delicious! I can't wait to make it, again!"