- until meat is no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- Drain. Add the beans, tomatoes, vinegar, cocoa and seasonings; bring
- to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1-1/2 hours or until
- heated through.
- Discard bay leaves. Serve with spaghetti. Garnish with cheese, sour
- cream, tomatoes and onions. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup (calculated without spaghetti, cheese, sour cream, tomatoes and green onions) equals 421 calories, 16 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 75 mg cholesterol, 443 mg sodium, 38 g carbohydrate, 11 g fiber, 32 g protein.
Wine: Medium-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.